Tuesday, October 25, 2005

compare and contrast

it was towards the last part of my drive that I started noticing it. The long beams thrown out by the headlights of the oncoming vehicles pierced my brain like pins entering a cushion. silent and painless. they reacted with my cells changing them more than my own thoughts could.the fusion caused my brain to burst out releasing metaphors like the many offices ejecting workers at the stroke of 5. there were metaphors of all kinds. some as colorful as the expletives uttered by our honorable members of the legislative assembly. some were plain like white text on black paper. a few were unnecessarily long like oscar acceptance speeches. and a few succinct like mani ratnam's dialogs. but among all of them one stood out like a sore thumb. it was the one comparing my mistake to that of an unlicensed poet:
"these are not metaphors, you fool, all of these are similes"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

balderdash, mavane yenna da kadhai yezudharai. Raasa, please un vettiness-eh muzhusa kondadu.
yeadho yezudhanum nu kirikina madhiri irruku...

catcharun said...

actually that was not the case at all..it was pretty instinctive if thats what you mean. anyway i dont defend myself on my blog..oops just did.

i liked the use of "balderdash"..cool da

Subramaniam Avinash said...

Sigh.

Krish said...

Happy Deepavali Arun :-)

catcharun said...

hey thanks thennavan...the same to you too