Friday, January 26, 2007

an open letter

someone (probably u current since u r the most recent export) call me and remind me how one sings A,B,C in india. my nieces have drilled the "now you know my abcs, next time wont u sing with me" rhyme into my memory and i cant, for the love of language,remember how we rhymed with Zed. and yes Ux, I have to go back and read that "Super Power Memory" book again. i forgot most of that book.

as an aside, i hope they are teaching all the indian kids to pronounce Z as Zee. i see a not-so-distant future where all the call centers move to china & other lands because they decided to teach the Zee and the indian schooling system daftly stuck to their british ways. wouldnt like the indian economic engine to lose steam due to a single letter.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABCD EFG HIJKLMNOP LMNOPQRST UVWXYZ

Hoping I have no spelling mistakes here!

-Ux

catcharun said...

wonderfully put Ux..thaaliyan..
that Zed at the end sounds so out of rhyme now

current said these posts are starting to resemble chats/emails between the 3 of us.

Anonymous said...

Machan you can embed my age old script of who comes to your page, and more importantly how? Does someone google Arun from India, what are the chances it could be Arun's udipi... what a waste of time... ah...

Last, and certainly the least, I want to tell current sucks...

I am sure a lot more people read your webpage than the three of us... esp those google bots... I wonder when they will start leaving comments...

-Ux